At the Northrup King Building, we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and supportive environment that empowers all artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs.
We also recognize the impact of systemic oppression and strive to create spaces where everyone, including BIPOC and LGBTQ+ artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs feel safe, welcome. To ensure the well-being of all individuals within our building, we have established the following Code of Conduct:
Respect and Inclusion:
● We embrace diversity and condemn all forms of discrimination based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, class, religion, or any other protected class.
● Derogatory, oppressive, or discriminatory words and actions, including racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ageism, ableism, classism, bigotry, xenophobia, and religious prejudice are strictly prohibited.
● Treat others with kindness, respect, and consideration in all interactions.
Harassment and Hostility:
● Harassment, hostility, aggressive behavior, and microaggressions will not be tolerated in any form.
● Create an environment where everyone feels safe from harm and free from discrimination or harassment.
Mindful Language and Resisting Assumptions:
● Be mindful of the connotations of your language and avoid making assumptions about anyone's gender, pronouns, sexual preference, abilities, age, or ethnic identity.
● Challenge hateful or discriminatory actions and language, and actively promote a culture of inclusivity.
Responsibility for Actions:
● Recognize that your actions have an impact on others, regardless of your intentions.
● When challenged, take a moment to listen, think, and learn before responding, aiming to understand and grow from the experience.
Safety and Reporting:
● Emergency - Incase of a life-threatening emergency including physical violence, and or anincident that put someone in immediate physical danger, please ensure yourpersonal safety first - Call 911 to report the incident.
● Non-emergency - If you experience non-life threatening emergency, harassment, or non-physical harm interfering with your safety or well-being, please notify Northrup King Building management at email@example.com
● Northrup King Building is committed to addressing conflicts arising from violations of our policies and Code of Conduct.
Accountability and Feedback:
● Our Code of Conduct is an evolving set of guidelines aimed at creating a vibrant cultural ecosystem that celebrates diverse experiences and backgrounds.
● We welcome feedback and constructive criticism that helps us improve and align with our goals.
Violation of this Code of Conduct may result in individuals being asked to leave the premises, and may result in individuals being banned from the premise. We appreciate your cooperation in creating a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment for all at Northrup King Building to work, showcase and appreciate art.